The Tree Howf is a beautifully designed and crafted masterpiece! Built within the branches of the tree it has amazing 360 degree views. It is totally self sufficient with internal cooking facilities, shower and wood burning stove/ oven. Down stairs there is compost loo.
Guests who have already visited have loved it, really appreciating
the loving attention to detail in the design and build. A really exceptional glamping experience.
Tree Howf Facilities
- Totally self contained Tree Howf surrounding the ancient Ash Tree
- Hand made rustic King size bed with bedside lighting
- Huge star and tree gazing window above the bed
- Wood burning stove with a really quirky but very efficient oven
- Crockery, cutlery, pots and pans
- Antique Belfast sink with hot and cold running water
- luxurious integral hot shower with adjacent wash hand basin
- Downstairs toilet- designeer eco friendly compost loo with wash hand basin and lighting
- Stunning viewing platform with superb views all around and heart shaped table for that romantic moment
- Fire pit and BBQ accessed by another stair to grassy area with fabulous views and total privacy
- Recycling facility and private parking within a 50 meter walk
You will have private parking and there is a recycling facilityIn the evening sit outside on the balcony overlooking the lochan and views of the Ochils. Test your cookery skills on the wood burning oven and enjoy your food al fresco. In the summer the swallows will dip in the water… You will be treated to lots of birds, wildlife, soay and ryeland sheep, ponies, our two donkeys, our pygmy goats, a variety of poultry including turkeys, rhea, guinea fowl, ducks and geese.There is plenty to do in the area in the day but if you don’t feel like leaving the ‘Tree Howf’ you can just enjoy the two acres of grounds and gardens at Craighead.Kids – sorry but at this time we do not allow children under the age of 16 years of age to stay in the glamping Howf’s without prior consent.
Dogs – Sorry but we can not accommodate dogs
£155 per night for three nights or more.
Please contact for more information and for rates for longer stays.Please check our calendar below to see if your desired dates are available. If it is not available you can check if our ‘Wee Howf‘ or ‘Summer Howf‘ is available – they are just as secluded!