Comrie Croft Kata’s: the wild camping experience without the hardship!
Hand built by the Crofters and nestled in the birch woods each Kata comes complete with a large alpine bed (sleeping up to 6 people) and a wood burning stove. Don’t worry about bringing lots of equipment, all you need to cook and eat with (minus the food) is already there. Outside you’ll find an outhouse toilet, a fire pit and a picnic bench, some even have a hammock!
For those less able or families wanting to be closer to the amenities there’s a Kata beside the low meadow.
Award winning Comrie Croft is set on a 231-acre estate in rural Perthshire. Along side the Kata’s you’ll find a well-stocked farm shop, bike shop and repair centre, The Tea Garden café, over 18km of onsite mountain bike trails and endless walking trails.
- Check in: 3pm onwards. Check out: 10:30am
- 6m diameter tipi style tents, insulated & completely waterproof.
- Equipped for 6. Couples love them. 4 adults is comfortable, 6 is a squeeze.
- Included inside: wood-burning stove for cooking & heating, 1 sack of firewood (more is available @ £6/sack), cushions and throws, all necessities for 6 people to cook, eat & clean up.
- Included outside: campfire pit, and some Kata’s have a hammock
- 1-2 minutes walk to piping hot showers, toilets, lockers with charging points (£1), fridge & a microwave.
- Fire guards & dog beds available on request
What you need to bring:
- Sleeping bag or bedding.
- Towel (or hire one from reception – £2).
- A torch (ideally head torch).