THE GARDENER’S HUT
- Stunning uninterrupted southerly views of the valley The Gardener’s Hut is luxuriously comfortable quiet and peaceful.
- We will deliver breakfast to you in the morning at a time of your choosing.
- We can deliver a simple evening meal to your hut that can be kept warm or heated up on your wood burning stove. Please ask for options when booking.
- If you would prefer to self cater that isn’t a problem. Please be aware that there is no fridge and there are no facilities to wash up dishes in the hut.
- We are very happy for you to leave all dishes in a crate under the hut and we will put them through the dishwasher. Please do let us know in advance.
- A fridge can be made available in the outbuildings or we are happy to lend you a cool box and replace the ice blocks for you on a daily basis. Just ask.
- If you choose to self cater we can provide a basic “outside kitchen” to the side of the hut for your use.
- There is a BBQ, a small gas hob, a kettle and other daily necessities. Again please ask us when you book.
THE WOODMANS HUT
It really is very special. Located high up on Shannobank above the Ancient Oak Wood, The Woodman’s Hut has fine views across the valley and down through the wood to the River Whiteadder.
The wood is alive with wildlife. Nuthatches, green woodpeckers and roedeer are daily visitors.
The Shepherd Hut will have an “outside kitchen” with washing up facilities and a gas hob.
A perfect away from it all escape built to the same exacting standards as the Gardener’s Hut .
lovingly built to an extremely high standard from oak and reclaimed materials by skilled craftsmen the Upland Shepherd Huts are quite simply beautiful.
Insulated with sheep's wool they are cool in the summer and kept cosy in thewinter with a wood burning stove. Both huts have en-suite shower rooms withplenty of hot water and state of the art eco loos. Environmentally friendly and "off grid" they are powered by solar panels. There is enough energy madeto power the internal lights, fire up the boiler and charge a mobile phone.You may however, have to walk to the top of the hill to get a signal!
Comfort is of the utmost. The huts are furnished and finished to an extremlyhigh standard. Crisp white egyptian cotton bedding and towels fron The WhiteCompany. Feather and down pillows and duvets and luxurious woollen throws from Lovat Mill.
A complimentary "nip" of whisky and some bottled water plus essentials such as tea coffee sugar are supplied.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION This is a very rural area.At lambing time the sheep population over the estate's farms can exceed 10,000 therefore we are sorry but we cannot accept guests pets.
Please follow the country code. There is pheasant shooting on the estate and also The Berwickshire Hunt exercise their hounds here, often passing close to the Shepherd Huts. (Hounds are very friendly but really not interested in people but will be interestedin your sandwiches!) One of the pheasant drives is above the house and theremay be dogs and their handlers picking up near to the huts occasionally during the season. October - end of January. We will have the dates in advance.
GETTING HERE – TD11 3TX
Easily accessible, yet hidden away, the Hamlet of Abbey Saint Bathans is a very special place, consisting of: Abbey Saint Bathans House and Old Manse, a cluster of estate houses, a large sheep farm, a little restaurant, a woodyard, village hall an old church and a telephone box!
Under 1 hours very easy drive from Edinburgh and 25 mins to the nearest East Coast Mainline train station in Dunbar or Berwick Upon Tweed. 15 minutes on a single track road from the A1.
The Old Kirk at Abbey Saint Bathans can be hired out for private functions, weddings and civil ceremonies. A beautiful venue bordering the river. Plenty of room for a good sized marquee.
Please do ask for details.
THE UPLAND SHEPHERD HUTS
Tel : 01361 840696 / 07831 121416
SHANNOBANK, ABBEY SAINT BATHANS, BERWICKSHIRE. SCOTLAND.