Telephone: 01557 331266
- The Waterhouse retreat consists of 3 self-catering lodges; The Waterhouse, Westwater Lodge and The Boathouse, set in three and a half acres of gardens. Located in beautiful rural Galloway, The Waterhouse is a tranquil, romantic and secluded naturist friendly hideaway. A stunning environment for special occasions like honeymoons and birthdays or simply “just being” and getting back to nature.
- The Waterhouse Lodge is a handcrafted, organic wooden pole house, constructed by ourselves and friends using sustainable materials and with a living sedum roof. It is rooted in an abundant wildlife garden, created lovingly from grassland and has ponds, woodland, lush tropical planting, native wild flowers and vegetables (for customers to pick) which can all be enjoyed from the calming sanctuary of the outdoor hot tub. This is also perfect for enjoying the dark skies of Galloway.
- The Waterhouse has a biomass pellet stove, solar panels, large heat reflective glass windows, sheeps’ wool insulated walls, clay paints throughout and locally sourced timber and wood.
- The Waterhouse sleeps up to 4 in a king sized bed and handcrafted bunks.
- The Waterhouse is fully equipped with cutlery, crockery, glassware, pots and pans, cooker, fridge freezer, electric kettle, toaster, tea towels, smoke detector, and fire extinguisher.
- Bed linen and towels are provided as well as a starter pack of local produce and cleaning materials.
“Very relaxing, perfect for lounging- and we even had some sunny weather.
Beautiful surroundings, and congenial hosts- a very gratifying combination”
"It's the most peaceful, relaxing and tranquil place we have ever stayed"
"The garden looked beautiful with snow and all the better for being snug in the hot tub looking at the stars"
- The Boathouse is a small but fully equipped, light and airy luxury chalet added in 2011, sleeping 2 in a double bed. It has the appearance of an upside down wooden boat,hence the name, but with flat ends and is located on the other side of the car park, next to The Waterhouse.
- The door opens onto an attractive smallish deck, raised up nearly a metre, and with a table and chairs. This gets a lot of sun facing south west and overlooks the back pond, gardens and paved seating area. The building was constructed as a one off by The Wigwam Holiday Company and craned into position.
- The inside has been customized with an en-suite shower room with toilet and basin. This is tiled beautifully with Travertine tiles, cobbled flooring and under floor heating.
- For groups up to 6, The Boathouse adds an additional double bedroom space. It is completely self contained with running water, ceramic hob, combi microwave and fridge.
The Boathouse can only be booked as a joint booking with The Waterhouse.
Westwater Lodge is part of The Waterhouse retreatset in a haven of peace and tranquility in beautiful rural South West Scotland. It is only minutes away from stunning coastline and secluded beaches and the jewel of the South, the Artists town and fishing port of Kirkcudbright.It is also surrounded by beautiful country walks just on the doorstep.The walks take you around a number of large Lochs only 10-15 mins away,woodland walks and views of mountains ,moorland and the sea.
- A beautifully appointed traditional Galloway Cottage
- Naturist optional (like The Waterhouse and The Boathouse)
- Large very private garden running parallel with The Waterhouse Gardens divided by high fence and hedge.
- Separate from The Waterhouse but with a linking lockable gate for group bookings
- Self catering with well equipped kitchen and dining room
- Evening meals available some evenings most weeks of the year in The Waterhouse Cottage Kitchen.
- Log fire in spacious living room
- South facing sun room
- Surrounded by beautiful countryside. Loch-side, Forestry and Moorland walks outside the back door. No need to drive
- 3 miles away from stunning coastline
- Sleeps 4 (or up to 10 with The Waterhouse as well)
- Widescreen TV with Free View and DVD
- FREE WI-FI available
- The unusually large, secure garden has plenty of space for children to play and south facing lawn and deck for sunbathing or sitting out at the picnic table (it is possible in Scotland). The house and gardens are not overlooked, except by sheep and cows, and are completely private and naturist use is welcomed. Non-naturists need not be concerned about unwilling exposure to naturists next door, because the property is well screened by fences and mature hedges.
"There are few places in the world like this one. You made us feel at home here which is what many places lack. Your bread and chocolates were very tasty. Had a wonderful time - THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH” - Hugh, Ishbel, Temeka, Marcel and Fiona
"Thank you for a fantastic stay. We have enjoyed the house so much and we have left so happy and relaxed! The welcome hamper was a lovely touch. We can’t thank you enough for your kindness and generosity” Gen & Dan
"A very happy fortnight with a walk nearly every day - through ancient woods,marshy uplands, up over 2,000 ft - this area has it all. Thank you…for the welcome - bread, cheese, wine and chocolate much appreciated, and for the fire lighting lesson. A holiday and a life skill all in one.” The Cunninghams - Aug. 2013
Telephone: 01557 331266